- Full-time research associate for PhD or postdoc studies. Discrete, combinatorial or integer optimization and teaching; up to 6 years.
- Reinforce our team as a student research assistant:
- as a software developer in the GCG team (yes, the GCG team!)
- at the interface between optimization and machine learning
- Are you keen on more OR and optimization besides your studies? Apply to email@example.com!
PhD at our Chair
You cannot stop thinking about discrete, combinatorial, integer optimization and are hungry for more? If you could see yourself doing your own research after your master's degree, then please apply early on to firstname.lastname@example.org even if no job openings are posted.
We are looking for student assistants in our research projects. In basic research we design, implement and test optimization models and algorithms and maintain benchmark libraries. In applied projects we need additional support for analyzing data and the lucid visualization of results.
We develop in C/C++ or Python on Linux systems and employ our own Git. You are apt at programming and in the best case already have some experience with, e.g., software development, databases, UI/UX. Moreover, your are eager to become part of something bigger. If you are already familiar with SCIP or perhaps even GCG, then we need you either way. A mathematical background in optimization and/or efficient algorithms is preferable.
We will accompany and guide you, but also expect independence, commitment and in particular responsibility for your tasks. We wish for participation in the chair's activities. Working hours and attendance are flexible.
So, what are you waiting for?